The ProPrimer 575 is best used on damp surfaces. This saves you heaps of time as you don’t need to wait for your plasters, screeds and other materials to dry out. You can prime your walls as soon as the white set is applied. The primer slows down the moisture loss that occurs with cementitious creed. This means that the plaster cures properly and is much less likely to delaminate and crack. The binding properties mean that damage from erosion is greatly reduced. A surface is created when using Pro-Primer 575 that is highly durable and less porous.
This product makes a great base for painting as when applied over this product your paint will last longer, and will not peel off over time.
Note that ProPrimer 575 deteriorates after prolonged exposure to UV light. Apply a superior quality of exterior paint as the topcoat when your product is going to be exposed to the sun regularly. Water based sellers such as Pro-Seal 770 and Pro-Seal 896 are recommended as a final coat to protect from UV rays.
This is a great product to use as a render on external sand finishes.
- Is an extremely strong binder and waterproofer. It is polymer based.
- Has a non hazardous materials classification
- Adds strength and durability to render cement
- Is a very cost effective method of increasing the quality of the render
- Is excellent for use under exterior pain
– Touch dry: 30-60 minutes
– Foot Traffic: 24 hours
Coverage: 20-25m²/litre depending on surface porosity
Dilution: 1:4 (1 part product : 4 parts water).
(20% of the Portland cement content when used as an admix. Substitute this amount for it’s equivalent in water.)
Equipment needed: Pump sprayer or WBS CSU (Commercial Spray Unit) and broom
- ProPrimer 575 is ideal for use on newly constructed rendered walls. It minimises the development of surface cracking on cement related surfaces
- It is used to waterproof and bind cement based materials.